- E-Cheques may only be deposited into an account in the same currency.
- E-Cheque deposit cut-off time is 5:30pm on every clearing day (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays)
- If the e-cheque deposit instruction falls on a holiday or a non-business day (including day where branches cannot open due to typhoon signal no. 8 or above, and/or black signal rainstorm warning), the e-cheque deposit instruction will be processed on the next business day.
- E-Cheques deposited before the cut-off time are shown in the account balance instantly if the transactions are accepted. E-cheques deposited after the cut-off time are shown in the account balance on the next clearing day if the transactions are accepted. The funds will be available after the e-cheques have been cleared. The Bank reserves the right to deduct the full amount of the e-cheques from the credited account if the e-cheques deposited are subsequently verified as invalid.
- For e-cheque deposit, the amount appearing on the acknowledgement page is for reference only and is subject to subsequent verification by the Bank.
- E-cheque status can be enquired via Personal i-banking. Paid Date and Amount are only available if the e-cheque was presented within the past 3 calendar months.
- The e-cheques deposited to your account via Personal i-banking, CNCBI corporate website or Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited can be enquired via Personal i-banking.
- Alert(s) will be sent to the most recent email address you have registered on this website. Please ensure that you have a valid email address registered with us when you opt for alert services.
- In addition to sending "Transaction Confirmation Alert" to your registered email address, we will send message alerts to your WeChat account if you have registered our "WeChat Account Binding" service. To complete "WeChat Account Binding", please Follow the Bank's Official WeChat Account (ID: cncbintl), select "Account Binding" under "Account Service" and complete the registration. Personalised WeChat message alerts are now in Simplified Chinese only.
- The Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by network server failure or other causes which are beyond the Bank’s control.